Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Right Heel For You


High heels can make your legs look long, lean and luscious. Unfortunately, they can also be quite uncomfortable if not chosen wisely. To avoid foot problems, you need to strike a balance between looks and comfort






Consider your build: If you have chunky or muscular legs and calves, choose a thicker, more substantial heel to balance out your leg. A good choice is heels that are wider or platforms. Not only do these tend to be more comfortable, but they can also make a chunky leg look smaller. Thin heeled shoes such as stilettos look best on people with thinner legs. Moreover it is advisable that you take your own height into consideration. If you are tall enough, never ever choose shoes with too high heels. Believe it or not, they may hinder your perfect slim figure and make you look more like giraffe.









Invest in neutral colors: Although you may want to branch into colored shoes occasionally for variety, blacks, browns, and neutrals are much more versatile and can be worn more places. Get out of the mindset that you need to match shoe color with your outfit. This is often overkill. Buy a few pairs of high quality heels in neutral tones that look good with almost everything. Buy one or two pairs of colored heels for special events.







Make sure that the shoe really fits your feet: Take your time about trying them on, and once you have a pair that you like, spend some time in them in the store. Stand in them; if there are any problems, your feet will tell you rather quickly. An important test is to stand on the floor in the shoes with your knees straight. Now try to raise yourself on your toes so there’s at least an inch of space under the heels. If you can’t do that, the heels are too high, and you shouldn’t wear them; you’ll end up walking and standing with your knees bent.



High heels can be stylish to wear and they don’t have to be uncomfortable if chosen wisely. Spend some time trying on a variety of high heels before purchasing. Don’t make the mistake of sacrificing comfort for style.

20 comments:

  1. wow especially, the last tip is worth trying out 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, you should really try it!!! What happened with your blog Kamila?I was searching for it but I couldn't find it!! I really liked ssbd. You should start posting again!!

      Delete
  2. Τελειο ποστ!! Δεν πολυφοραω τακουνια παρα μονο οταν ειναι απαραιτητο και παλι προτιμω κατι σχετικα ευκολο. Απο περσι φοραω μποτακια με λιγο τακουνι(λιγο..λιγο!) και καπως τα εχω συνηθισει.. Πολυ χρησιμες οι συμβουλες σου ;-)

    http://beautyincrisis.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Λατρεύω τα παπούτσια του Δούκα απλά! Αν κι εγώ δεν είμαι και πολύ φαν του τακουνιού γιατί με κουράζει...
    Αν θέλεις πέρνα μια βολτίτσα και από το δικό μου blog, αυτές τις μέρες τρέχει ένας διαγωνισμός με limited edition προϊόντα από τα αγαπημένα the Body Shop. http://ginaikologies.blogspot.gr/
    Καλά Χριστούγεννα! Φιλάκια!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these tips, it's so true. i often end up buying beautiful heels that i never wear because i cant stand wearing them any longer than 10 minutes because it just hurts so much.
    following you now, maybe you would like to check my blog out, I just started it :)

    n21bypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I simply just say what a relief to discover somebody who truly knows what they are
    talking about over the internet. You actually realize
    how to bring an issue to light and make it important. A lot more people have to read this and understand this side
    of your story. I can't believe you aren't more popular because you definitely have the gift.
    Also see my web page > food labels

    ReplyDelete

  6. nice to meet u really love ur post..i love shoes!!
    If u would like we can follow each other and visit our blog , it will be a great pleasure for us to know ur view about our new blog....
    Hugs, http://laviestsuperbe.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  7. λατρευουμε τα παπούτσια με κάθε ύψος τακουνιού!
    Ειδικότερα, λατρεύουμε τα DUKAS και τα GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI!
    Θα χαρούμε πολύ να επισκεφθείς το blog μας, chic-aholics.blogspot.com και να ακολουθήσουμε η μία την άλλη σε google, bloglovin και twitter (@chic-aholics)

    ReplyDelete
  8. πολύ ωραίο το blog σου..αν θες ρίξε μια ματιά και στο δικό μου..
    www.alldaybeautiful.blogspot.gr
    facebook:alldaybeautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine but when opening
    in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads
    up! Other then that, very good blog!

    Check out my weblog ... www.mymed.Fr

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why but I think
    its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same results.

    Visit my blog post ... 88.190.22.92

    ReplyDelete
  11. What i do not understood is in truth how you are not really much more smartly-preferred
    than you may be now. You're so intelligent. You understand therefore significantly on the subject of this matter, produced me for my part imagine it from so many varied angles. Its like men and women are not fascinated until it is one thing to do with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs nice. All the time handle it up!

    Here is my web page: stuhrling Original

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was super
    long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any tips and hints for first-time blog writers? I'd definitely appreciate
    it.

    Also visit my page :: watches for sale

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice post. I certainly love this site. Keep it up!


    my web page - internet marketing for home care

    ReplyDelete
  14. Γεια σου το blog σου είναι υπέροχο γτ σταμάτησες να γράφεις!
    Μόλις αρχίσαμε και εμείς ένα!
    http://chicates.blogspot.gr
    Σε περιμένουμε στο blog ή και ένα like στο facebook!
    contanct us σε περιπτωση που θα ηθελες να συνεργαστουμε

    ReplyDelete
  15. Having read this I thought it was extremely enlightening.

    I appreciate you finding the time and effort to put this article
    together. I once again find myself personally spending a lot of time both reading and posting comments.
    But so what, it was still worthwhile!

    my website; men's watch brands

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! In the end I got a blog from where I know how to genuinely
    obtain valuable facts concerning my study and knowledge.


    Here is my web blog - rc hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello there, You have done an excellent job. I will certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends.

    I am sure they will be benefited from this web site.

    My webpage: rc hobbies

    ReplyDelete